Pages

01 December 2013

Reflection Time: November 2013

Hey Everyone!

It's that time of the month where I give you a little insight into my life. I hope you enjoy reading about the lovely times I've had and feel free to share anything in the comments below.

This month I have been participating in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) where the goal is to write a whole novel in the span of a month. I feel accomplished because it's a hard thing--writing a whole novel in a month. I have big plans for this weighty manuscript and I can't wait to continue on the journey with it. When I was supposed to be writing, I instead found myself on the social networking sites like tumblr and twitter. Tumblr I've always been on, but twitter I would check once a day, but once November started I found myself living on the websites more than ever.

On the weekend of the 16th, I went to my cousin's daughter's first birthday party. She was such a cutie in her little outfit! It was nice to be at a family gathering for the first time since August. Being in college has made me miss my family more than ever. Despite seeing my cousin Paul every other day for my maths class. I just love having quality time to see my family and my (not really) grandparents (they are my cousins grandparents). I just adore seeing the whole family in one place and love chatting with my aunt and my cousins. I love watching all the little kids play together.

One other thing that I have come to learn this month is to not procrastinate. Procrastination is often seen as any human's worst enemy and I can safely say that it is the full blown truth. I am constantly waiting until the last minute to complete any and every project. For example, at the beginning of the month I had a debate planned and I was only waiting because my partner never wanted to meet with me. I like getting things done and you can only imagine my frustration with this. I ended up getting a C- on the debate and 60% on the research because I didn't format it correctly. Seriously? You can't just observe the data I found and go off of that? Ugh... it annoyed me. We got these comment cards from the classmates and everyone seemed to enjoy mine and not my partners. I feel like I got an A just because of those.

I also intended to set myself on a book buying ban, but alas, it never happened. I don't know how I am going to survive when I intend to study abroad in the future. I will have to sleep in bed with my Kindle and transport books back one by one throughout the semester as I finish them. That, or pack REALLY lightly.

I have been conversing back and forth with a critique partner and it has been the greatest help ever. She is so sweet and gives helpful feedback. On top of that, her story is absolutely amazing! I can't wait to read more!

Thanksgiving was also this month and I was extremely blessed to have gotten the opportunity to spend it with the family that I care about the most. They are all spectacular. Take a look at some of the photos that I took on Thanksgiving below:




ADDITIONS TO MY HAUL(S):
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
Let it Snow: Three Holiday Romances by John Green, Lauren Myracle, and Maureen Johnson.



No comments:

Post a Comment