Pages

26 March 2014

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell Review

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell is about two sixteen-year-old’s that met on a school bus in August of 1986. Eleanor is a large redheaded girl who comes from a troubled family whereas Park is from a biracial family whose lives appear to be perfect. The pair bond over comic books and music in the most interesting way.

I gave this story four out of five stars on goodreads partially because of the ending, but mostly because of the pace. I loved the story itself, but I felt as if this story was just slow moving. It didn’t keep me want to keep reading it, but I did because I had high hopes for this.

The romance in the story was something that did warm my heart very much. It made me want the same sort of connection that Eleanor and Park had. Their relationship was so cute and juvenile, it was nothing but sweetness. It gives me hope that somewhere out there, there is someone who is like Park. Someone who cares more for their other half and would do anything for them.

I loved the dialogue, both the character’s speaking manner and the narrator. The speaking style was so funny and though Rowell throws in a whole lot of f bombs, the dialogue had me laughing. It was funny dialogue, so I loved reading the interactions between the characters.

This is also one of those books that delivers a message of love in a different sense. Most contemporary romances give off the message that there is this one person is there for the rest of this life you have. This book, it doesn’t. I can’t say why because it would give away what that means, but this book is so much more than that.

I recommend this book to anyone who loves a cute romance, some contemporary, and a life with hardships.

Check out this book! It is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment