Pages

11 February 2014

Legacy by Cayla Kluver

Hey Everyone!

Today I am reviewing Legacy by Cayla Kluver. I hope you enjoy this book and add this to your Goodreads list!

Title: Legacy
Author: Cayla Kluver
Series?: Yes, book 1 in a trilogy (I will review them all)
Pages: 496
Publication Date: June 28, 2011
Publisher: HarelquinTeen
Rating: 4/5

This book takes place fully in the kingdom of Hytanica following the royal princess, Alera, as she must choose a suitable husband by her 18th birthday under the stress of the kingdom being attacked by the Cokyrian kingdom. When a blue eyed boy named Narian comes into the kingdom after being kidnapped during infancy, he disrupts Princess Alera's other suitor, Steldor's, courting as well as the peace of the kingdom.

I should start by saying this is probably the second or third time I have read this book. The first time, it was lent to me from a friend, the second time so I could read the sequel (which I never did). I figured I should read this once again because I own the entirety of the trilogy and the last one is signed by the author. I never met her, she's from my home state and did a signing at a local Barnes & Noble a few years ago when it came out.

The writing in this, I thought, was amazing considering it was written by a sixteen-year-old. Yes, the author published this when she was sixteen. It is written in first person, but the word choices Kluver picks makes you feel as if you're in a world other than your own. I feel as if I was transported to the times of Kings and Queens with a large poofy yellow Beauty & the Beast dress.

The romance is phenomenal, though minimal. The whole story, Princess Alera is battling with herself about who she should choose and it is amazing. It reminds me a little of The Selection and it makes me happy. That is one of my favorite series. THE ENDING THOUGH.... YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK, GUYS! The ending is incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment