Pages

11 February 2014

Teaser Tuesdays (11 Feb 2014)

Hey Everyone!

The book I chose this week is The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (pseudonym for J.K. Rowling).



First Teaser:

"And yet he was close to feeling about her as he had felt towards a grass snake that he had succeeded in trapping in Trevaylor Woods when he was eleven, and about which he had had a long, pleading argument with his Auntie Joan: "Please let me keep it...please..."" 

"It was the first grin he had ever dared give her. He supposed he ought to be annoyed with himself, and yet Strike stepped out into the cool early afternoon with no feeling of regret, but rather a curious sense of renewed optimism."

Both excerpts from pp. 83 of the hardback version.




4 comments:

  1. Haha! Fun teasers! I've seen this one around!
    Here is my teaser!
    http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2014/02/teaser-tuesdays-is-weekly-bookish-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been curious about J. K. Rowling's non-Potter books. This sounds like it could be a cute story.
    My Teaser is from THE CALICO HEART.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beloved snake? Interesting. Great teaser.

    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this one, I just need to read it. Here is mine.

    ReplyDelete