Pages

10 February 2014

Musing Mondays (10 Feb 2014)

Hey Everyone!

For this Musings Monday, I need to talk about my reading "schedule" as the semester has begun and I am STRUGGLING.

I think college is definitely the time to have fun, but for those of us who love books as much as one loves their video games, we find difficulty finding time in the day to sit down (comfortably, might I add) to enjoy reading a good book. Even though it is just the start of week two of semester, I am already struggling.

Reading has always been important to me, and this blog is definitely important to me as I am blogging about books. Classes have seemed to get in the way of me reading and reviewing on here. Sometimes, the thought of vlogging passed through my mind, but for some reason, I can't bring myself to vlog. I think the reason is that my roommate and I spend a great deal of our free time in the dorm room leaving very little privacy for the both of us.

Last semester, I read my books between classes (if I had time) and at work (I work a desk job in the school's library). Work was the easiest place to read as there is a lot of down time and she lets us read a good book. Though, during summer, she gives you projects instead of letting you read. That's a little messed up, right?

If you're in college, or were, what would you suggest? is there something you did to find time to read?

6 comments:

  1. We have the same musing and I absolutely know what you feel right now. I also try to balance my time in reading because this year, there's a lot of my favorite series coming to an end and some new releases that I've been looking forward to so it's hard.

    For me though, I just happen to do all my school work and then once I'm certified that I finished them all, that's the time when I read. Well except for exam week because that's probably the time where I'd dedicate my hours in studying :P Hope you could have some more spare time!!

    My musing: here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am extremely glad we have a similar musing. College people unite! There are so many debuts I want to read this year, too (they were on the debut list on goodreads). I'm only a freshman, so I have a while before I finish.

      Delete
  2. I just read the other post on the same subject. I will repeat the advice. Study, graduate, make more money, buy more books.

    Click here to go to Mixed Book Bag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know this, but thank you. I do study... a lot, but sometimes I just need time to unwind and read a book.

      Delete
  3. I remember finding it difficult to work "pleasure reading" in with college courses, so the weekends and holidays were my time. One summer, I had a job that allowed reading in downtime...and I read some of the Russian novels that I'd been putting off.

    Here's MY MUSING MONDAYS POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is basically what I've been doing now, but I'm also drafting my book as well. WHY IS THERE SO LITTLE TIME ON A WEEKEND? Haha.... Spring Break and Summer are already calling my name.

      Delete