Pages

06 January 2014

Bared to You by Sylvia Day

Hey Everyone,

First review of 2014!

Title: Bared to You (Crossfire #1)
Author: Sylvia Day
Publisher: Berkley Trade
Published: June 12, 2012

Pages: 338 pgs.
Own it?: Yes, paperback
Genre: Mature Adult/Erotica
Goodreads: Click here

Cups of Tea: 4 cups

So first, I would like to say that I rarely ever read erotica or adult fiction. Sure, I read some last year, but I mostly read Young Adult. I was recommended this series and I like it thus far.

The story is about a new employee to Crossfire Industries name Eva Tramell. The novel starts off when Eva goes for a jog and runs into super hot guy in a suit named Gideon Cross (though she doesn't know his name at that point. Takes her a while). She finds out that he owns the building, and practically the whole town, and they have a steamy office romance.

I have to say, I enjoyed this a lot better than 50 Shades of Gray. I read that book last summer and enjoyed it, but this one had much more plot and characters that you become involved with. When I started the book, I thought it was interesting, but wasn't able to tell whether the main character's best friend, Cary, was a boy or girl.

This book is one of those books that I feel deserves more hype than it has been getting. I feel as if 50 Shades has taken more hype than this book deserves. This book has no contract and is just about a relationship between two people who have their fair share of life problems. Between her overbearing mother and his mysterious past, they make a couple who needs each other more than they need food.

I don't usually get invested in an adult book like this, but this one deserves so much recognition and it's just well written. The best writers don't get the recognition they deserve.

Thoughts if you read this?

No comments:

Post a Comment