Pages

06 January 2014

Musing Mondays (6 January 2013)

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme created by Should be Reading

Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it! 
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
MY MUSING MONDAY:
This is my first one, so I think I'm going to start off with my reading habits since this is something I need to improve. This past year, my reading has been slowly going downhill due to school. When I started University, I found it hard to read, but I found the perfect time to read and that was when I was at work. I work in the library, so it only seemed fitting that I read there.
I could finish a book in two days of working and I loved that about my job. However, when the term ended almost a month ago, my reading began to go down hill. I just didn't have a great reading streak. I have to find time to fit reading into my nonexistent schedule and it's harder than it looks. Sometimes, I want to read, but I just can't be bothered.
If the books I am reading are some of the best books I have ever read, then yes, I will make an effort to read them quickly. 
One of the hardest things for me is finding a place to read. I love sitting in a big chair with music playing. The hardest part at home is finding that kind of space since my siblings are always around and they seem to love making loud noises. I need to get a comfy big chair where I can do all of my reading.
I tried reading before I went to bed, but I ended on a really good part and it kept me up most of the night thinking about it. Reading when I go to bed just doesn't work for me.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to Musing Mondays!
    It's so frustrating when "real life" interferes with your reading life! I find that as I get older I need to make much more of an effort to make time to read. When you're in college it's tough--I hardly read for pleasure at all when I was in college. I think the trick is to keep looking for books that really spark your interest--then you'll make the effort to make the time to read them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely know what you mean and I don't want to give it up because it takes a lot of the stress in my life away.

      Delete
  2. Great first post!

    I read on my bed! Sometimes in the living room with everyone else and the tv on.

    Sonia Lal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to do both, but my bed is slightly uncomfortable and in need of a new mattress and the living room is the loudest place in the house.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed hearing about your quest to read. I have my favorite places and chairs so hope you find a place that works for you. Welcome to Musing Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's not easy, especially living in a dorm.

      Delete