Pages

23 October 2013

Book Haul: Three Months Worth

Source: deviantart.com
Hey Everyone!

If you haven't guessed just by the title, I am deciding to do a Book Haul! Whoo! I am doing a Three Month edition because, well, I haven't read them all yet (oops).

Don't worry, I'll do it in monthly increments so I don't explode your brain. I will link each book to the Amazon or Book Depository web page so you can look at them for your best convenience so you can decide if you want to purchase them!

Key:
[X] Have not read
[O] Have read
NOTE: Reference Guides (Writing books) will not have marks

August:
Well, it was my Birthday month and all I wanted was books, but I only got two then stuff for college. Here are the two books I got:

  • The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (Pen name of J.K. Rowling) [X]
    I have always loved J.K. Rowling's writing style ever since I picked up the first Harry Potter book. She is the reason I want to be a writer and I thought I better buy it. I haven't read it just because I got distracted by so many other good books!
  • One Direction: Where We Are: Our Band, Our Story: 100% Official by Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles, and Louis Tomlinson [O]
    I am probably the oldest One Direction fan (besides author Keira Cass) and I wanted this book so bad. My parents got me this to go alongside the This is Us documentary tickets on my birthday (which conveniently came out the same day). I loved this book, I'll do a full review later! I have so much to say about it. 
  • The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien [O]- bought for academic reasons
    I don't know what it is, but I can never seem to get into The Hobbit. I first read this in 5th grade (aged 11) and I couldn't get into it. My teacher is obviously an enthusiast, but I can't seem to get into it. A whole semester worth of Hobbit talk... that is four months. Wow.... 
  • Essence by Mandi Lynn [X]
    I purchased this book because I had been following her journey on YouTube since about March. I haven't started it yet because I am reluctant since I know that she is a teen writer. I love her videos and her advice, don't get me wrong, but I don't want to have a bad first impression because of the fact that her book is self-published.
  • The Hobbit and Philosophy: For When You've Lost Your Dwarves, Your Wizard, and Your Way by Gregory Bassham [O]- bought for academic reasons
    I bought this solely because it is my class' textbook. I hate the essays, they're confusing and I have not interest in philosophy. My favorite is probably "Big Hairy Feet."
September:
October:
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Adult Edition  [O] by J.K. Rowling
  • City of Bones by Cassandra Clare [O]
  • City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare [O]
  • City of Glass by Cassandra Clare **CURRENTLY READING
  • City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare [X]
    I am going to just put The Mortal Instrument books together in one big bundle. I love them, let's just put it out there. I fell in love with these books and their world when I read The Infernal Devices Trilogy over the summer. I still have to buy the 5th book and the other mini books. If you haven't been introduced to the Shadowhunter world, I strongly suggest you become acquainted with it!
That rounds me out to 13 books! Wow! My bookshelf at school is already looking pretty full! My books have to be stacked on their backs so I have room to fit them all! Gah!

Until Next Time,

No comments:

Post a Comment