Pages

21 October 2013

NaNoWriMo 2013: What I'm Writing

Hey Everyone!

I thought I would talk about something which I have never participated in before and that is NaNoWriMo. If you have visited my blog before, you see on the right hand side of the screen there is a word count thing.

I have always wanted to be a writer and when I found out about NaNoWriMo last year, I jumped camp on the ship for the summer and spring sessions. Though I wasn't able to do the summer session whole heartedly, I did complete the spring one with 50,000+ words, but it has been left unfinished.

I thought I would utilize this blog as a place to talk about my own writing tales as well since I am going to be writing a novel which I have high hopes for. I think this may be "the one" as I like to call it. My big idea, my child, etc. This book is one I am super excited about.

Summary:
The world has been taken over by a man named Watt Howard, he is the President of a government referred to as the New Age Government. He has a new plan to reform education systems by pulling children ages five through eighteen and placing them in fourteen different houses across the globe. The phrase "Big Brother is Watching You" takes on a more literal meaning than the TV show. 

Lysandra Marks is one of these children being ripped out of her family home. She is sent to this house where she is surrounded by an endless amount of other sixteen year olds. She meets a tattooed boy named James who makes her wonder about the way she is truly living her life. It makes her wonder if her family was right, was she the one who could really save the world, or were they just wishful thinking?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I know, I know. The summary is kind of vague and all over the place, but I am still working out the key details to the story. Who knows, maybe some of the story lines will change as I write it. I know there will be a love story, that is for sure. I also know that it is Young Adult because that is the best genre in my mind.

If you are participating in this year's NaNoWriMo, let me know down below and tell me what you're writing about! I would love to see what other people are writing!

Until next time, 

No comments:

Post a Comment