Pages

14 October 2013

Thoughts On: City of Bones

Source: tumblr.com
Hello everyone!

I just finished Cassandra Clare's City of Bones yesterday. I was ecstatic to pick up the book because I absolutely adored the prequel series The Infernal Devices.

Having read that series prior to The Mortal Instruments, I felt that it helped me comprehend the City of Bones a lot more because I had a sense of back story. I know of a lot of people who haven't read the prequel series and they seem to understand it, but I have a stronger sense of what is going on.

The basis of the story is about a girl named Clary who is on a search for her mother who has disappeared. Clary ends up at The Institution with Jace Wayland, a shadowhunter. A Shadowhunter is a demon hunter who protects the area they live in from the demons.

I think this book is absolutely phenomenal. The way Cassandra Clare words things is absolutely amazing. She creates such detailed characters with the most interesting characteristics and it makes them so much more interesting than they already were. The back stories and their stories in general are also really interesting to learn.

Rating
I give this book four and a half cups of tea. I am giving it this because I was put off at the end by the intended sense of incest between Jace and Clary. I have a feeling they aren't siblings, but this still makes me feel uneasy. That is why I gave it 4.5.


Link to the Book:
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)



***SPOILERS AFTER THIS LINE***

Thing(s) I Think Will Be Revealed Soon Enough/ Will Happen:
  • I don't  think Clary and Jace are siblings. I feel as if it was something Valentine said in order to stir things up between them because he can sense a real connection.
  • Clary's mum will be just fine
Those are just the two thoughts that I thought of after reading the book. I don't care if I'm wrong, but those are the gut feelings I got. Also, I haven't seen the film yet. I have a thing about reading the book before seeing the film.

Until the next book review!
~Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment