Pages

05 November 2013

NaNoWriMo 2013: Week 1

Hey Everyone!

So this is my week 1 wrap-up for NaNoWriMo 2013! I am excited to do this weekly little thing because I have been absolutely loving the NaNoWriMo feels this year (even if it is my first time participating).

I feel like this week has been going extremely well. I am ahead of schedule and am loving the story. The story I am writing is different from anything I've ever read. I am incorporating a lot of different types of things into it. I honestly have high hopes for this story!

This story is something I've never felt a connection with before. With my previous stories if that makes more sense for you. I just feel like this one has something special about it that it wants me to keep exploring the whole world. I am just going to do a little questionnaire below to update you on my status of NaNoWriMo:

How are you feeling at the moment?
Incredibly motivated. I think that this has never happened and I've never been this far ahead this quickly. I'm already pretty far into the story and have high hopes for finishing my 50,000 words early. If I stick with my 3,000-4,000 word goal per day, I could finish in about ten days (NaNoWriMo word wise). I am hoping to finish the rest of the story by the end of the month so I can print it out and work on editing it.

Did your story take any interesting turns you weren't expecting?
Yes, romance wise. I had always planned for my character named Jameson to go for my main girl, but then I started writing this one scene and I decided that one of my other characters liked her too. Apparently Marcus just wants a girlfriend. I am not sure how I'm going to resolve the growing love triangle, but I will get there eventually.

How is your plot coming?
It's going really well considering I didn't outline or anything. I am one of those people who doesn't plan for things and just does things out on a whim. I find that if I write without a plan, I am more motivated to work on those things and go through with them than if I did plan them out. For example, my July session of Camp NaNoWriMo went uncompleted as I lost interested three days into the session.

Favorite character to write about?
I think my character Marcus is probably my favorite one to write about. He's just so interesting and I envision him having such a dark past. I also imagine him as this guy:
His name is Jamie Campbell Bower, by the way. This is a photo from The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones
He's just got so much depth to him and you can see in my story that he is harboring these kind of secret feelings because he takes a step back from his best friend who becomes a prominent role in the story. I know I am going to have to slow down the whole romantic things and extend the introduction chapters a little bit. 

Anything you wish you could change thus far?
No, I don't think I would change anything. Everything seems so beautiful, but I wish I could add some more descriptions to my scenery just to get more of a feel for the house these kids are living in. I guess it's also because I'm still figuring that out myself, so it will get done.

Are you planning on working these past few chapters when you finish with NaNoWriMo?
Yes, definitely. NaNoWriMo is just a tool for writers to get words on paper and I think it's incredibly helpful. I love writing and I wouldn't be participating if I didn't love it as much as I do. Everything needs editing, I don't think anyone could ever fully finish editing. Harry Potter and The Mortal Instruments probably have things their authors want to change as well.

What is your current word count?
17,225 and counting :D

Until Next Time,

No comments:

Post a Comment